Mac OS X basically comes with a built-in compression/decompression utility tool yet with the availability of WinZip for Mac, some users still prefer having this program installed on their Mac. Compared to the built-in program, some users claim that WinZip has more features thus provides a better compression. You can get WinZip for Mac for a free-trial period or buy it once decided for $29.95.
Users who have instead purchased WinZip Mac licence from an authorized reseller and not directly from the WinZip Computing have been issued with an activation code rather than a registration code. For you to request for a registration code for your WinZip Mac software, you will be needing this activation code. For activation, an active internet connection is also required. If you are however not directly connected, as you click OK, a default connection will then be initiated by WinZip Mac before completing the activation process. Be noted that a single-user activation code can only be used once and will only work with its intended version and not with other higher versions of WinZip Mac.
For your WinZip Mac activation, follow the instructions:
1. Open WinZip Mac
2. Type the name for the registration on the computer
3. Type the activation code which appears on your activation acknowledgment email or on the WinZip Mac CD case exactly as it is and click here and Register
4. Type the requested information and click Activate in the Activate WinZip Mac screen.
5. WinZip Mac will connect to the WinZip server, verify the activation code, and a registration code based upon the name or email address you entered will be issued (and entered into WinZip Mac automatically)
6. A confirmation email, containing the registration information, will also be sent to the email address entered
Your registration code is a replacement to your activation code. You have to keep them both in case you will need to re-install WinZip Mac.